The Fettlers Shed gallery has hosted many art and craft exhibitions. Shows by local artists and craftspeople are open on weekends, so that passengers and visitors can enjoy the excellent art displays on offer.
DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM for 2013 Fettlers Shed Art Prize
‘call to arms’ Fettlers Heritage Art Prize 2013
To ensure the continuation of this local annual art competition, it is necessary to call on interested parties to form a small committee, for the express purpose of organising, managing and promoting the 2013 event.
It is envisioned that 3-4 people would be appropriate to spread the load of the tasks required
This number will ensure the experience is not too overwhelming.
Previous experience not necessary, as the formula is already there, as well as databases and email contacts, along with backup advice from previous organisers.
Enthusiasm and a desire to make the event successful and to keep it growing, as it is an important vehicle to help promote the continued presence of the RHRSI & Railway in Robertson Village, as well as a great forum for local art.
Please Call Penny 0408610714, 48615017 to discuss your interest
or email email@example.com for more details to be sent
- Sourcing or renewing sponsorships for prize money for promotional purposes (all money to operate exhibition is meant to be self funded by the running of the event)
- Sourcing judge/s and official opening ‘celebrity’ for promotional purposes
- Setting dates (usually starts week before Robertson Show late Feb/ early March – Show is 1/2 March) for close of entry (time), opening day (time), end/collection time
- Placing advert in Robo Show booklet (deadline end OCT 2012) any other advertising deemed appropriate and that can be funded in some way
- Formalising entry form and sending out via email to data base (and others/media) early Nov?
- Distributing entry forms as free publicity for event asap
- Loading tourism website 3 months prior to event can ensure inclusion into ‘visitors guide’, ‘whats on’ and other free advertising opportunities
- Design & print posters/flyers if required or ability to self fund (liase with RHRSI committee re their ultimate needs)
- Arrange distribution of flyers throughout Highlands at strategic spots to promote the exhibition
- Organise raffle prizes closer to event for extra fundraising
- Organise other product for sale if needed as extra fundraising
- Liase with local papers and radio for ‘community promotion’ of event
- Reminder and call for affirmative response to entering
- Arrange collection, drop off paintings, hanging, judging time and date, publicity shots/article
- Ensure gallery space and ammenities are clean, ready for exhibition opening
- Liase with RHRSI for opening day, guest speaker, judges, organise food
- Manage gallery manning/ opening times/ roster/ procedures book/ record of sales
- Collection of unsold paintings at end of exhibition
- Any other activities that can be conceived and implemented ,to add traction to this event, at the committees discretion!!!
|a BIG thank you to our SPONSORS for 2012 Celebrating 80 years of Robertson Railway History|
|$150 PRIZE||$100 PRIZE|
|Built Environment Prize: $100|
|combined GALLERIES PRIZE: $400|